1 Tip To Break the Funk
Do you ever find yourself in a funk? Or having a case of the blues? You know the feeling. It's like being in a Charlie Brown episode.
"Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah."
You find yourself staring at your computer screen all day feeling powerless to even lift a finger. That email, errand, chore, or drive seems so monotonous. Frankly, you feel bored with life and you don't even know why. Maybe, you're even happy, but you just can't seem to break out of this imaginary, but ever so real funk!
You'll be glad to know that you're not alone. A lot of people feel this way. So here's a quick tip worth trying the next time you find yourself in a funk:
Funk Tip: Change Your Routine
How many of us:
- Get up at the same time every day?
- Wear the same clothes every week?
- Eat the same meals?
- Stop for coffee at the same coffee shop?
- Sit at the same desk every day?
- Go to the water cooler at the same time?
We are creatures of habit that have routines. Routines that we never think twice about. A lot of the time those routines are for a good reason. We wake up at a certain time to get the kids ready by a certain time to get to work by a certain time. Our lives are built on routine, but the problem with routine is that it can produce a funk. And in order to break out of that funk, we need to break out of our routine, even if only for a moment.
- Take a different route to work.
- Purposely sleep in or get up earlier.
- Take the kids to breakfast on a weekday.
- Work from a different coffee shop.
- Try a new restaurant.
- Sit at a different desk in your office, or take your work outside.
DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT (Even if only for a moment)
When you feel the funk coming on, find something to do that breaks the routine. It may be just what you need to break the funk.